The University Library supports inquiry and learning at the
university and for the people of North Carolina. Library
collections, services, staff, and facilities further the
university's mission. The library provides leadership in
the development of scholarly communication systems and in
the application of information technology to teaching,
research and learning.
The University Library:
- Builds and preserves collections;
- Connects people with information and knowledge in and beyond the library's collections;
- Serves as an intellectual commons;
- Leads on campus and in the profession.
The staff and administration of the University Library:
- strive for excellence in fulfilling the library's mission;
- make user-centered decisions;
- invest proudly in employees;
- strive to create a diverse environment of respect and collaboration;
- encourage vision and innovation;
- exercise leadership;
- take intelligent risk;
- deploy advanced technologies;
- and maximize the capability of our resources.
November 18, 2005
Website comments or questions: Library Web Team
Suggestions on Library Services? Give us your feedback
This page was last updated Saturday, February 04, 2006.