– Why General Stoneman went raiding in a buggy.
– Spanish stone stackers restoring ancestors’ work on Blue Ridge Parkway.
– Hank Williams Jr. revives Popcorn Sutton‘s moonshine recipe.
– “If we submit now to Lincoln’s election, your homes will be visited by one of the most fearful and horrible butcheries that has cursed the face of the globe.” Another installment in the New York Times’ superb “Disunion” series.
– Lively audio reminiscences about widespread panic provoked by underground newspaper at East Mecklenburg High in 1968.