Disability Services and Access
The University Libraries are committed to providing access to their collections, resources, and services to all library users, including people with physical and learning disabilities.
If your needs are not met by the policies and procedures described here, please notify the Library. We will examine and, if necessary, extend our policies and procedures to accommodate your needs.
Parking and Building Access
Disability access is from the front entrance of the R.B. House Undergraduate Library. Marked Disability parking spaces are behind the library directly across from Stadium Drive, accessible from the South Road entrance.
Once inside the building, elevator access, located in the center atrium, is available to all three levels.
Reference and Research Assistance
Reference and Research Assistance includes the following:
- Assistance in the use of online and print finding aids
- Advice about access to specialized online information sources
- Explanation and descriptions of sources of specialized information
- Help with bibliographic verification
- Retrieval of books from the Reference Collection (may be on delayed basis, depending on staff availability)
- Assistance with use of public photocopiers (depending on staff availability)
- Special tours of the building by appointment
- Reference assistance is available by Telephone (919-962-1355), email or IM a Librarian (screen name: Undergradref)
Finding and Using Library Materials
The Undergraduate Library Circulation staff offer the following services:
- Retrieval of books from the book collection
- Assistance in ascertaining the availability of materials in other campus libraries
- Checking to see if an item is on the shelf (may be on a delayed basis, depending on staff availability)
- Assistance with photocopying a limited number of pages from Undergraduate Library books, periodicals or Reserve materials
- Users may request that Electronic Reserve readings for their course be converted to OCR format (readable with assistive technology (May be on a delayed basis, depending on staff availability).) Please contact Reserve processing for an appointment (email@example.com) or 919-1054.
JAWS is available on all workstations in the Undergraduate Library:
The Media Resources Center on the lower level of the Undergraduate Library provide the following equipment and services:
- Viewing facilities for VHS, DVD (Region 1), VCD, PAL formats
- Viewing carrels with 27-inch screens for easier subtitle viewing
- Viewing carrels that support closed-captioning
- Assistance with conversion of audio and video formats upon request Contact Scott Hamilton or Winifred Fordham-Metz at 919-962-2559 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact information: R.B. House Undergraduate Library Main Service Desk : 919-962-1355
Design Lab: 919-843-2310 or email@example.com
Media Resources Center 919-962-2559 or firstname.lastname@example.org