Policy for the UL Screen Saver Slide Show
The following guidelines have been developed to standardize the process
of promoting library and campus services, resources, and events on the
Undergraduate Library public computers and to ensure that slides reflect
the Library's overall commitment to quality. These slides will be part of a
rotation with other library and campus slides.
- Slides must be approved by the Director of the Undergraduate
Library (Suchi Mohanty) before posting. They should be provided in electronic format,
either by email or by media the librarian may retain.
- Slides must be designed by the sponsoring organization. The Library cannot provide assistance in the creation of slides.
- Slides will normally be approved for a maximum display period of two weeks.
- Slides will be evaluated based on their design, intellectual content and appropriateness of subject matter, as described below:
- Slides must highlight library services, resources, or events, or student-centered events or services.
- Slides may highlight collections or services in campus libraries other than the Undergraduate Library.
- Slides may not commercialize or editorialize personal or partisan opinions or viewpoints, but should inform and educate the public.
- Slides will not promote particular student or political candidates or specific issues.
- Slides must be of high-quality design and execution.
- Slides must be provided in the .jpg format.
- Slides must be no larger than 1024 X 768 pixels.
- Slides created by guests must include the name of the sponsoring organization.
Email: Emily King
Suggestions on Library Services? Give us your feedback
This page was last updated Thursday, June 14, 2012.