Featured New Sites, Week of June 11, 2013 - June 18, 2013.
- UN-Water Statistics
- Provides access to the UN-Water division's statistics including the Key Water Indicator Portal and stats broken down by subject: Water and Urbanization; Water and Climate Change; Water Resources; Water Use; Drinking Water and Sanitation; Water, Agriculture and Food Security; and Water Pollution, Environmental Degradation and Disasters.
- Water Law and Standards
- A joint project of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO), this group works on initiatives linked to water law, health and development. This web site offers, not data or statistics strictly, but a database of national water legislation and will offer a database of national water quality standards.
- Joint Monitoring Programme (JMP) for Water Supply and Sanitation
- This joint effort of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) enables users to build water supply and sanitation data representations as either a map, graph or table that you can then export.
- UN-Water Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) 2012
- UN-Water is the United Nations inter-agency coordination mechanism for all freshwater related issues. Established in 2003, it monitors and reports on the state, utilization and management of the world’s freshwater resources and on the
situation of sanitation. It's report, "Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water" (GLAAS), is produced every two years by the World Health Organization (WHO) on behalf of UN-Water. This report provides a global update on the policy frameworks, institutional arrangements, human resource base, and international and national finance streams in support of sanitation and drinking-water. It is a substantive input into the activities of Sanitation and Water for All (SWA). The 2011 data used for the 2012 report is linked under the heading "Archive and previous GLAAS reports."
- Compensation Greenbook. (Use Mozilla Firefox)
- The Compensation Greenbook is an annual publication which contains selected military compensation tables broken down by a number of variables including, pay grade, family size, and income tax brackets.
- Veteran Data
- Includes links to the Survey of Business Owners and household surveys which both include questions specific to veterans.
- Worldwide U.S. Manpower Distribution by Geographic Area
- Quarterly from 1997; historical from 1950.
- Voter Registration and Election Results Data
- FTP site for downloading latest ten years of data. Read the README text file toward the bottom of the list to figure out which files you need. Variables include name, address, demographic information, party affiliation, place of birth, and date of original registration within the state, among others.
- UNC at Chapel Hill Student Academic Information Datamart (detailed)
- "Student Academic Information Datamart (SAID) is a datamart storing historic student records from the Student Information System (SIS) of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill." Statistics include demographic data (see the enrollment statistics categories); degrees awarded; course enrollment; and more. Includes about five years of history.
- UNC at Chapel Hill Registrar's Frequently Requested Reports (detailed but basic)
- Easy to generate reports for general topics such as counts of students by category (undergraduate, graduate, professional, male/female, other demographics, transfer, etc.); by major; by academic unit; and more. Includes about 14 years of history.